Here is how I would go about it:
1. In ST-Sim open up the scenario you want to import your state attribute information into
2. Navigate to “Advanced | Attributes | State Attribute Values”
3. Right click on the grid to unhide any fields you want to include
4. Right click on the grid again and select “Export All…” Note the location and file name you are using for the export.
5. In the exported file, past your attribute values from Path or VDDT. Note the fields carefuly and be sure to use the names for each one that you setup in the model definitions for each State Attribute, Vegetation Type and State Class. To see the valid names you can click on a cell and look at the drop down.
6. Save your excel file.
7. Back in ST-Sim right click on the empty grid from step 3 and select Import. This should import the values from the excel template into ST-Sim.