Menu Close

Adding single VDDT models to PATH via Excel

Syncrosim Forums ST-Sim & State-and-Transition Simulation Models Adding single VDDT models to PATH via Excel

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wapitiscatwapitiscat
    Participant

I’ve had success creating new PATH projects from VDDT. I recently did this but found that I had left out a model. I created a VDDT project with just that ecological system and created a new PATH project from that. I can export and import the individual excel files (e.g., strata., deterministic transitions) to get the new info into the PATH project I’m building. I’m wondering if there’s a way to use the “full monty” Export option that creates an Excel file with all the tables as Sheets within a single Workbook then in the Import dialog box for each table in the PATH project by referencing the appropriate Sheet. Something along the lines of entering Scenario-1.xlsx#Stratum!a1 (this particular file reference format doesn’t work BTW) in the File name box of the Import file name dialog for import the new stratum information.

Todd Earnhardt

leonardo-fridleonardo-frid
    Keymaster

In version 4 of Path you can do this.  Just export the full scenario file and then when you are in the scenario explorer for the individual property you want to import click on the import button and point to the Scenario-1.xlsx file.  Path will find the right worksheet based on its name.

wapitiscatwapitiscat
    Participant

When I tried to do this I got an error message that read “No data was found in the specified file for the Property ‘Strata’ ” (when trying to import into the Strata property). I used the ‘Update and Append’ choice. I tried this again with a blank database and got the same error message.

I was able to import new strata from an individual property export using the Update and Append option as long as the Abbreviation and Name attributes were unique. It would be neat if the import process could ignore duplicates (or truly update them) and then append any new records. Maybe it does and I’m just doing it wrong. It wouldn’t be the first time.

[EDIT] The process (comprehensive Export/Individual property import) works for importing Deterministic Transitions once the new strata are added

leonardo-fridleonardo-frid
    Keymaster

Strata are Project Definitions accessible through the "File | Project Definitions…"menu, not Scenario Properties.  They need to be exported/imported individually. Scenario properties are accessible through the "File | Open Scenario" menu or through the context menu in the project explorer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.