Menu Close

'Cannot find transformer' error

Syncrosim Forums ST-Sim & State-and-Transition Simulation Models 'Cannot find transformer' error

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Taylor MutchTaylor Mutch
    Participant

Hi there,

Recently reinstalled SyncroSim on a new machine and I am unable to start the GUI. The error I get is:

System.ArgumentExcepttion: Cannot find transformer
    ‘syncrosim-stochastic-time:core-transformer’ required by ‘ST-Sim State and Transition’.
    at sa.d(String A_0, Object[] A_1)
    at kh.ntj A_0, tj A_1, fs A_2)
    at kh.p(m6 A_0)
    at kh.w()
    at tr.as()
    at i9.a()

This is immediately after running the installer after unpacking syncrosim-windows-1-0-24-x64.zip.

Any ideas on what to do? I have uninstalled and re-run the installer with different versions (including latest, but I need this version for the time being), and I get the same error.

leonardo-fridleonardo-frid
    Keymaster

Hi Taylor,

I just tried this install on a fresh machine and had no problems. However, it is possible that if you installed a newer version and then tried going back, something may have gone wrong. Here is a potential solution to try:

(1.) Delete the module repository (Usually C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\SyncroSim\1\Modules). Then run the GUI – this will re-create the module repository
    (2,) If it still does not work, it might be worth making sure that SyncroSim.StochasticTime.dll is in C:\Program Files\SyncroSim\1 along with “stime.module.config”

Let me know if this does not resolve your problem.

Leonardo

Taylor MutchTaylor Mutch
    Participant

Hi Leonardo,
    “However, it is possible that if you installed a newer version and then tried going back, something may have gone wrong.”
    This was exactly the situation I was in, and #1 solved the issue. Didn’t realize there was a module sitting in my AppData. Blew that away, ran the installer successfully and I am up and running again!
    Cheers,
    Taylor

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.