Menu Close

Changing harvest to random or not every year

Syncrosim Forums ST-Sim & State-and-Transition Simulation Models Changing harvest to random or not every year

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    andiaandia
    Participant

Hi St-Sim Forum,

I am trying to add the harvest into a model randomly or every ten years. But, I am not sure where I can specify that in the model.
    I appreciate any help,

Thank you,

leonardo-fridleonardo-frid
    Keymaster

Hi Andia,

Good question. Here is what you need to do:
    1. Under Transition Targets, right click on the table and select the Timestep field. This will add this optional field to the table.
    2. Add a value of 1 for Timestep to the first record and set your annual target for that timestep in the Target field
    3. Add another record with a value of 2 for Timestep and a Target of zero. No harvest will happen for subsequent timesteps unless specified otherwise.
    4. Add another record with a value of 11 for Timestep and the Target you would like for that year.
    5. Add another record with a value of 12 for Timestep and a Target of zero.
    6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for as long as you would like your simulation to continue.

If you want to randomize the timesteps at which harvest occurs for different iterations you would expose the Iteration field and create a random patttern like the one above for each iteration. Remember that following each harvest timestep, you will need to set the harvest to zero for subsequent timesteps.

Hope that helps.
    Leonardo

andiaandia
    Participant

Hi Leonardo,

Great. Thank you so much for your answer. It is working nicely.
    🙂
    Andia

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.