Menu Close

Defining historic fire distribution from rsyncrosim

Syncrosim Forums ST-Sim & State-and-Transition Simulation Models Defining historic fire distribution from rsyncrosim

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    crosbya1crosbya1
    Participant

Hello,
    I have been trying to develop my st-sim models entirely through R with rsyncrosim, but I’ve run into a wall with defining a historic distribution to add temporal variability to fire transitions (as in exercise for in the self-paced course). When I try to add the distribution to the stsim_DistributionValue datasheet, I get the message “Can’t find the value Historic Fire' listed in the Project Properties for Distributions”. I understand this, but the trouble is I can’t find a ‘Distributions’ datasheet in the Project datasheet list, and so can’t add it. For now I’m just adding it from the UI and making it work that way, but it’s not my ideal scenario. Can anyone tell me what I’m missing?

Thanks,

katie-birchardkatie-birchard
    Keymaster

The “Distributions” datasheet is a SyncroSim Core datasheet rather than a datasheet specific to ST-Sim, so does not appear by default when you run datasheet(myProject) to get the list of available datasheets. To access the list of core datasheets, you can add the summary argument with value “CORE” when running the datasheet() function, e.g. datasheet(myProject, summary="CORE").

You should see that the Distributions datasheet can be accessed using its internal name “corestime_DistributionType”.

Another way to find all possible values for a datasheet that has project-scoped validation, such as this one, is to use the levels() function in R. The DistributionTypeID column from the stsim_DistributionValue datasheet is a factor under the hood, so you can see all the values it will accept by calling levels(myDatasheet$DistributionTypeID).

crosbya1crosbya1
    Participant

Thanks Katie. That’s a big help. I feel like I’m on the steep learning curve right now.

katie-birchardkatie-birchard
    Keymaster

No problem! We also have a number of tutorials on using rsyncrosim available on the github.io page that are a great resource for getting started in rsyncrosim. If you haven’t found them already, you can access them here: https://syncrosim.github.io/rsyncrosim/articles/a01_rsyncrosim_vignette_basic.html

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.