Menu Close

different outputs in newest ST Sim version?

Syncrosim Forums ST-Sim & State-and-Transition Simulation Models different outputs in newest ST Sim version?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    leonardo-fridleonardo-frid
    Keymaster

The following is a modified recent e-mail I received about changes in spatial output format between ST-Sim versions 2 and 3:

If you remember, I was working a project where we were using ST-Sim outputs as predictive landscapes within a demographic model that operates in ArcGIS. We convert the .GeoTiffs that ST-Sim produces into polygon layers for use in the demographic model. In the past, we’ve had no problems. However, recently, the demographic model crashes every time we try to run it with an ST-Sim landscape.

In an attempt to figure this out, I took the landscape layer used to initialize the ST-Sim model, converted it to a polygon layer, and used it in the demographic model – no problem. I then ran the ST-Sim model, took the Time Step 0 .GeoTiff that model produced, converted it to a polygon layer, and ran it through the RCW model – the model crashed again. I went back to old ST-Sim outputs from previous software versions and tried to run those through the demographic model – those actually run.

Is it possible that you might have changed something about how the ST-Sim output .GeoTiff files are being created that I am not seeing? I don’t know that this is helpful, but the error message I get from the demographic model is:

ESRI.ArcGIS.Geometry.IRelationalOperator.Disjoint(IGeometry other)

Our programmer told me that is something that ArcGIS throws, so she couldn’t help me understand it.

I was going to try to rerun my ST-SIM model on a super old version of the software that I have on another computer, but the new library was made in version 3 and it looks like a total hassle to try to recreate it in the old ST-Sim version.

Any thoughts you might have would be hugely appreciated.

leonardo-fridleonardo-frid
    Keymaster

The only thing that comes to mind off the top of my head is that we began using raster compression. This can be changed under File | Library Properties | Spatial. You could select the “None” option for raster compression type which is what was used in earlier versions. Let me know if that resolves your problems.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.