Menu Close

Error importing AAIGrid Raster File

Syncrosim Forums ST-Sim & State-and-Transition Simulation Models Error importing AAIGrid Raster File

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bwmillerbwmiller
    Participant

Hi,

When specifying the input raster files for “Vegetation Type” or “State class file” under the Initial Conditions tab of the Scenario Editor I receive the following error message:

“Error importing AAIGrid Raster File ‘C:\Users\bwmiller\Documents\ST-Sim Files\WBP\Scenario-51\Input\Ex10StateClass1.asc'”

It reports this directory and ‘.asc’ file extension even when I’ve navigated/browsed to a Geo TIFF file in a different directory.

Any help would be much appreciated.

leonardo-fridleonardo-frid
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

If you send me the files you are trying to import, I will try to find out what the error is.

Thanks,

Leonardo 

leonardo-fridleonardo-frid
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

There are two issues for the files that you sent. The data type for spatial initial conditions rasters is integer and yours was 64 bit float. In principle this would be ok if you still only had integer values for each cell.  However, the no-data value specified for these rasters is -1.797693e+308. Maybe you could change the NO_DATA value to -9999 and try again?

Let me know if that works.

Cheers

Leonardo

bwmillerbwmiller
    Participant

Hi Leonardo,

Thanks very much for prompt reply.

That solved the problem; I was able to load the rasters once I changed the NO_DATA values to -99999.

Cheers,
    Brian

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.