Menu Close

Graphing the mean over a specified time period

Syncrosim Forums ST-Sim & State-and-Transition Simulation Models Graphing the mean over a specified time period

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kblankenshipkblankenship
    Participant

How do I graph or calculate the mean area in a state class or for a transition type over a given time period?

Specifically I’m running models to generate reference conditions and would like to calculate the average area in each state class and the average fire return interval for timesteps 700-1000. I explored the graphing options, and I can only find the mean for a given time step.

leonardo-fridleonardo-frid
    Keymaster

At the moment there are two ways you could approach this problem:

1.  Export your transition group output to excel using the Reports tab of the Results Viewer and calculate the mean over a specified time period that way.

2.  Use the Output Options Property to specify that you want interval mean output instead of annual output for transitions.  Set your output interval to 700.  You will get your mean values for year zero to 700 and for years 700 to 1000.  To set this, you need to edit the Advanced | Output Options for the scenario before running it.  Note that the graph will display a single point for each interval, representing the mean for the time period leading up to it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.