Menu Close

Has the Python package been released?

Syncrosim Forums SyncroSim – General Questions and Answers Has the Python package been released?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    davidandersondavidanderson
    Participant

I was reading this post:

Modelling Past Land Use Change

Which lead me to the Github page.
    There I looked at this add in:
    https://github.com/ApexRMS/sample-basic-python/tree/master/src
    In the file runtime_transformer.py I found this bit of Python code
    import pysyncrosim as ps

I take this to mean that the Python equivalent to rsyncrosim has been released. I looked around the Apex/RMS website trying to find the package but was not able to find anything.
    Has it been released and is there any documentation?

ps. I had actually worked out the process to run rsyncrosim from Python, at least for the basic script.

colin-danielcolin-daniel
    Keymaster

The Python package has not yet been released – I’m afraid it is still a work in progress. We hope to release a beta version of it by summer 2019. The sample python package that you refer to here is not quite ready for prime-time I’m afraid (and so is not yet released as a registered package on http://www.syncrosim.com/packages)

In the meantime it is possible to call SyncroSim from Python using the Console (i.e. command-line) version of SyncroSim. I imagine this is the approach you are already using? The console version of SyncroSim (available for both Windows and Linux) can be invoked with the command SyncroSim.Console.exe. For Windows this can be found in the C:\Program Files\SyncroSim folder by default. The –help argument will always list for you all the possible options. For example the command SyncroSim.Console.exe –help will get you started, while the command SyncroSim.Console.exe –list –help will provide you with help specific to the –list argument.

colin-danielcolin-daniel
    Keymaster

Note that the arguments for SyncroSim.Console.exe all use double dashes – the forum seems to have rendered them above as single dashes I’m afraid!

Participant

I am finally getting back around to doing some automated model runs. I had been doing RSyncrosim through Python prior to this but I thought I would try the console method as suggested above. I have run into a problem though in that I can’t figure out how to access the datasheets to dynamically update the values. I have looked over the documentation trying to find the console equivalent of saveDatasheet. It has eluded me. I do recall that the Python package originally mentioned was really a bunch of wrappers around console code. I tried to access the package to see some examples but it seems to have been deleted.
    The commands setprop or update appear to be logical choices. The examples shown however don’t do anything like updating any of the datasheets.
    Any help or examples on how to use the console mode in a method similar to RSyncrosim would be appreciated. Thanks.

colin-danielcolin-daniel
    Keymaster

I think the command line call you want is –import to do the equivalent of the saveDatasheet function in rsyncrosim. See http://docs.syncrosim.com/reference/console_import.html

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by colin-danielcolin-daniel.
    Participant

Thanks. I will try that out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.