Menu Close

How to find out full path to spatial inputs?

Syncrosim Forums SyncroSim – General Questions and Answers How to find out full path to spatial inputs?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    davidandersondavidanderson
    Participant

Hello,
    I can not seem to determine the full path that is being used for spatial inputs. Just the file name is listed in the Initial Conditions scenario. The path to the file is not listed that I can see. I know that the property can be set at the library level but I have not done that.

leonardo-fridleonardo-frid
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Internally input files are by default stored in a folder parallel to the library with the following path

[library filename].ssim.input\Scenario-[Id]\[datasheet name]\filename

For example:
    spatial-example.ssim.input\Scenario-16\stsim_InitialConditionsSpatial\initial-age.tif

You can change the root of the folder where input files are stored under:
    File | Library Properties | Folders

Participant

Got it.

colin-danielcolin-daniel
    Keymaster

Note that we don’t recommend writing code against the internal file structure, but rather to always write code to interact with SyncroSim using the command line (or associated wrappers on the command line like the rsyncrosim package for R). The command line represents the official API for SyncroSim and thus we try hard not to break it between releases. As such code written against the API should be supported between versions. The internal file structure however can change at any time.

You should be able to move data in and out of libraries, projects, scenarios, datasheets and datafeeds using only the command line. If you find something you need to do with the file structure that you can’t accomplish using the command line then please let us know. We are always working to improve the command line API.

Participant

Note noted. My question was more a case of user lack of knowledge. I couldn’t figure out why STSim was not reading in the updated data I created. Now I know that the program reads in the data once when specified and stores it internally as opposed to a system where there is a single source for the input data.

I do have a command line request. It would be nice if the command line (rsyncrosim) would create result exports that match those created by the user interface. Currently the user interface renames columns and adds some fields. Neither of which is done in the data sheet export in rsyncrosim. I found this reference in the code https://github.com/ApexRMS/stsim/blob/master/src/Console/STSimConsole.CreateReport.cs that seems to indicate that there is an ability to create those reports in the console but I have been unable to figure out where from the console documentation.

I ask this because then post processing code could be written that is source creation independent. Currently I have code blocks that deal with data brought in via rsyncrosim and data brought in via Excel exports from the user interface.

colin-danielcolin-daniel
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback. It’s on our list now to standardize the datasheet output format across different interfaces.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.