Menu Close

Linux Ubuntu Support?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tony.changtony.chang
    Participant

Hello,

I am attempting to run the ST-Sim application using Wine in Ubuntu 12.04. So far I’ve had no luck due to video card driver issues. Is there a ST-SIM build specifically for unix machines?

Tony

colin-danielcolin-daniel
    Keymaster

At present there is only a Windows version of ST-Sim. However we do have plans to release a Linux version – hopefully in early 2014 – assuming we can secure the necessary funding.

rswatyrswaty
    Participant

Hi folks,
    I am running Ubuntu on a machine and wondered how the ST-Sim development for Linux is going.

Thanks,
    Randy

leonardo-fridleonardo-frid
    Keymaster

Hi Randy,

The upcoming release of ST-Sim (2.3.1). Will support a number of commandline utilities for running the model including running iterations and spatial regions for the same scenario in parallel. These commandline utilities can be run on Linux with Mono ( http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page) installed. Once the software is released we will create some documentation around running the commandline utilities. However, it will still not be possible to run the full UI version of ST-Sim in Linux as at the moment Mono does not provide full support for windows forms.

Regards,

Leonardo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.