Menu Close

Maps in Spatial Tools

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    aregerareger
    Participant

I have talked to Leonardo. We made sure I was pointing to the right database. But I still am getting the following errors:

TELSA Spatial Startup at: 2/9/2012 11:39:49 AM
    TELSA DB Connection set to: C:\Documents and Settings\areger\My Documents\My Path Files\Scenario-10\Scenario-10.mdb
    Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
    Created temporary map display workspace ‘C:\Documents and Settings\areger\Local Settings\Temp\TELSA’
    Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

I have linked to the my Telsa database in Path before running a scenario. I then checked my .mdb found in Path output directory. It is there. I go into Spatial Tools and under the Map Display set up to view a map but it fails. Instead in the log file I get this nastygram.

“Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.”

Any ideas of where I went wrong?

Is there any more documentation on Spatial Tools? In the version of Spatial Tools I have (Version 6.2.0.0), there is nothing on Map Display of results. Is there a newer version?

leonardo-fridleonardo-frid
    Keymaster

Hi Alison,

This error happens because when opening the spatial tools you need to point to the results database. In your case this is:
    C:\Documents and Settings\areger\My Documents\My Path Files\Scenario-10\Scenario-10.mdb

At this stage the documentation for the Spatial Tools is quite thin because we have had very little funding to date for the development of the spatial tools functionality.

To view map results you should select the Map Display button on the TELSA Toolbar in ArcGIS. You will then be prompted to select a results database if you have not already done so. Once you select the database that holds your TELSA run results you will be prompted to select a run, monte carlo, and the type of map you would like to display. There are currently 3 options: Disturbances (transitions), State Classes, and Ages. Depending on the option you choose you will be prompted for more information (which state classes or transitions you would like to display). Note that this tool is not always stable. If you are having problems, try closing ArcGIS and starting over.

Cheers,
    Leonardo

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.