Issue: If you are using Norton Antivirus and have SyncroSim installed outside of the default installation folder (C:/Program Files/SyncroSim), you may not be able to open your SyncroSim Libraries in the desktop application.
Solution: This is caused by the Norton Antivirus Data Protector preventing the SyncroSim application from accessing protected folders, such as the Documents folder (i.e., “C:/Users/*/Documents”). To solve this issue, either
A) Install SyncroSim in the default location when running the setup pack; or
B) Whitelist the SyncroSim desktop application in the Norton Antivirus Data Protector.
Follow these steps if you wish to whitelist SyncroSim in the Norton Antivirus Data Protector:
1. Open Norton Security from your Windows Explorer.
2. Open Device Security. This will bring up the Security window.
3. Select Settings from the Security window. This will bring up the Settings window.
4. Select Antivirus, then navigate to the Data Protector tab.
5. Next to Process Exclusions, select the Configure [+] link.
6. In the Process Exclusions window that appears, click Add.
7. Browse for your SyncroSim executable – it should be called “SyncroSim.WinForm.Exe”.
8. Click OK. All should work as expected now!