Menu Close

Path 3.0.0.0 issues importing old excel files

Syncrosim Forums ST-Sim & State-and-Transition Simulation Models Path 3.0.0.0 issues importing old excel files

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ashliskyashlisky
    Participant

I’ve started using the newest version of Path, and have noticed a few potential glitches: 1) you can’t import initial condition *.xlsx files created in the previous version of Path to the new version (I’m not sure if this is true of Transition Multiplier and other *.xlsx files too); 2) when you import Initial Condition and Transition Multiplier files, these *.xlsx files automatically open. If this is intentional, I don’t understand the purpose; 3) when you import State Attribute definition files, and then go to import State Attribute Values, you get an error message: "Unhandled exception….Conversion from type ‘DBNull’ to type "String" is not valid." At this point, you are given the choice to continue or quit. When you hit "Continue", you have to wait an interminable amount of time for anything to happen (longer than my patience, so I’ve had to close Path via task manager at this point). When I open Path back up, I’m able to then import State Attribute Values without a problem.

colin-danielcolin-daniel
    Keymaster

The latest version of Path now includes a feature that will automatically upgrade older Path databases to the latest version – this has been in place for several versions now and seems to work well. Version 3 is the first version of Path where we have tried to do the same thing with older versions of Excel files containing model inputs – in other words, from this version forward Path should automatically update older versions of model input spreadsheets. That being said, it is possible that Path will have trouble importing spreadsheets created in versions prior to 2.2 – we haven’t  had a chance to test all possible combinations of past versions and model inputs.

If you have trouble importing older Path excel files then I suggest you do the following:

1. Create a blank scenario and export a blank copy of the property you wish to import – this will create a blank excel template
    2. Open your old excel model input file and copy/paste the values into the blank excel template you just created
    3. Import this new excel file

As for the difficulties you had with importing State Attribute definitions, this sounds like a bug and we will look into issuing a patch to fix it as soon as we can. Sorry for the incovenience.

Colin.

colin-danielcolin-daniel
    Keymaster

We found a bug in the way State Attributes were being handled – this has now been fixed in version 3.0.3, which is now available for download at http://www.apexrms.com/path

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.