Menu Close

pysyncrosim – scenarios, datafeeds and datasheets

Syncrosim Forums SyncroSim – General Questions and Answers pysyncrosim – scenarios, datafeeds and datasheets

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    davidandersondavidanderson
    Participant

I’m testing out a method to use pysyncrosim to automate some model documentation. In the GUI, a scenario window has the three sub tabs – Summary, Pipeline and Datafeeds. When I look at the Scenario object in Pysyncrosim, I don’t see a datafeeds property or method, just datasheets. The datasheets lists off all the possible datasheets, not just the active ones that are datafeeds. Is there a way, other than using try and except( for when the datasheet call fails), to determine which datasheets are active in a scenario – ala replicate the datafeeds tab in the GUI?

Also is there a crosswalk between the datafeed names and the datasheet names? For example the Transitions Pathways datafeed is in the stsim_transition datasheet.

leonardo-fridleonardo-frid
    Keymaster

Q: Is there a way, other than using try and except( for when the datasheet call fails), to determine which datasheets are active in a scenario – ala replicate the datafeeds tab in the GUI?
    A: This is a good idea for a feature. It does not currently exist but we will consider implementing it.

Q: Also is there a crosswalk between the datafeed names and the datasheet names?
    A: Another good idea. We will also consider implementing.

Thanks for the great suggestions!

katie-birchardkatie-birchard
    Keymaster

Hi David,

The feature that you suggested in which you are able to determine which datasheets are “active” is now available in pysyncrosim. It follows the same idea as what was already implemented in rsyncrosim – in rsyncrosim, if you call datasheet(myScenario, optional = TRUE), you will see a “data” column that contains “yes” or “no” for whether or not the datasheet contains data (i.e., is “active”). In the latest version of pysyncrosim we have added a similar feature, where if you call myScenario.datasheets(optional=True) you will find this same “data” column.

You can now install the latest version of pysyncrosim from conda or PyPI following the instructions in the docs: https://pysyncrosim.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html

Thanks for the suggestion and let us know if you think of any other useful features!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.