Menu Close

'Run' column in StratumInitialState table of Path 3.0 DB

Syncrosim Forums ST-Sim & State-and-Transition Simulation Models 'Run' column in StratumInitialState table of Path 3.0 DB

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    643gwozdz643gwozdz
    Participant

I’m trying to make our ILAP tools compatible with Path 3.0. One change I see in Path 3.0 is a ‘Run’ column in the StratumInitialState table. I presume that this lets you set different initial conditions for
    different Monte Carlos. But what if we want all Monte Carlos to have the same initial conditions? Will a values of 0 in this column cause all Runs to be given the same initial conditions? OR do I have to
    replicate the initial conditions table rows for all 30 of our Monte Carlos and set the Run field to 1, 2, 3…30 etc?

colin-danielcolin-daniel
    Keymaster

In Path the "Run" property field corresponds to the Monte Carlo iteration. In Path version 3.0 it only appears on the user interface for one scenario property, and that is the Transition Multipliers property. However if you look in the Path database (as you have done) then you’ll see that the full design for Path accepts a "Run" field for several other properties, with the Initial Conditions property (and its corresponding db table StratumInitialState) being one of these. This is intended for future use, where we eventually plan to allow users to optionally set several properties differently for each Monte Carlo iteration.

If you are setting properties directly through the database you should leave the Run property field blank for all properties except Transition Multipliers. For Transition Multipliers you have the option of leaving it blank or specifying values separately for each Iteration; if you leave it blank then Path will apply your property values to all iterations at runtime.

Hope this helps – Colin.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.