Menu Close

Run Scheduler

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RequiemRequiem
    Participant

Hi,

I could use a description and clarification of the Run Scheduler in ST-SIM. In my case, I am multiprocessing and desire to schedule runs when I am absent from my office because of the simulation times. The feature seems straightforward, but when attempting to utilize the scheduler I encounter the below error in the run log. The scheduler setup was basic, just one scenario to run immediately.

ERROR:

[Failure] A child process exited abnormally with code -1
    D:\Spagnolia SyncroSim\Coral Reef Benthic Community Dynamics.ssim.temp\Parallel\Scenario-163\Job-6.ssim More information:

The given key was not present in the dictionary.

When running the scenario normally it processes without failure. Is the issue with my library, or is it the scheduler? Does the error have something to do with the license key? Please advise when possible.

Thanks for your expertise and time.
    -Christopher

katie-birchardkatie-birchard
    Keymaster

Hi Christopher,

It appears there is a bug in the Run Scheduler when used in combination with the Multiprocessing feature. We will work on fixing this for the next release of SyncroSim and notify you when the fixed version is available for download.

Cheers,
    Katie

katie-birchardkatie-birchard
    Keymaster

Hi Christopher,

We have fixed the bug in the Run Scheduler in SyncroSim version 2.4.24. You can download the new release from here.

Cheers,
    Katie

RequiemRequiem
    Participant

Hello,

I may have encountered another bug with the Run Scheduler, see below. When running a scenario, if I schedule to run a scenario immediately before the former concludes, then SyncroSim crashes.

ERROR:
    __
    Unhandled thread exception. More information:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at SyncroSim.COre.Forms.WinFormSession.z8QOPLniwL()
    __

RequiemRequiem
    Participant

Hi,

I wanted to keep a record of the SyncroSim – Run Scheduler – error ouputs I have encountered.

Despite having no scenarios scheduled to run, everyday the Run Scheduler outputs the code below. The settings are locked to run a scenario daily at 7:00:00 PM even though none is selected in the window and the Remove All option has been selected.

ERROR:
    __
    Scheduled run: no scenarios are scheduled to run for project: Dynamics [1].

Library is D:\Spagnolia SyncroSim\Coral Reef Benthic Community Dynamics.ssim
    __

Please let me know if the issue is on my end only.

Thanks,
    -Christopher

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.