Menu Close

SyncroSim and ST-Sim Versions

Syncrosim Forums ST-Sim & State-and-Transition Simulation Models SyncroSim and ST-Sim Versions

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    leonardo-fridleonardo-frid
    Keymaster

I recently had a question from a user who was confused about our versioning of ST-Sim. Hopefully the following information will help clarify this question for others who may be wondering the same thing.

1. SyncroSim is a generalized application developed by ApexRMS for developing, managing and running simulation models. It has a plugin architecture which allows multiple modules to be added and thus extend the functionality of SyncroSim for specific applications. Some of the modules are known as models that allow users to develop specific types of models (i.e., STSMs, demographic population models, etc…) whereas others are addons which simply extend the capabilities of a specific model (i.e., adding stocks and flows to STSMs). As of the time of this post, SyncroSim is currently at version 1.0.24 (full release) and 1.0.36 (beta release). To run any model or addon, users must first install SyncroSim.

2. ST-Sim is the first and most popular model developed against SyncroSim. As of the time of this post, ST-Sim is automatically installed with the default installation of SyncroSim. ST-Sim is currently at version 3.0.24 (full release) or 3.0.36 (beta release). To find out what version of ST- Sim is currently installed you can open SyncroSim and select File | Modules which will list all available modules and their versions. Note that there are a couple of addons to ST-Sim that are also installed with the current SyncroSim default installation.

3. In the future, we will have an online repository where users can download other modules. Eventually, users will also be able to develop their own modules.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.