Menu Close

Unable to search for missing package.

Syncrosim Forums SyncroSim – General Questions and Answers Unable to search for missing package.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lihanwei007lihanwei007
    Participant

Issue:
    I got the erro message when I want to built a new library by SyncroSim version 2.2.26 :

Unable to search for missing package.
    Please ensure that you are connected to the internet and that you have sufficient permissions to download files.
    Detial: The remote name could not be resolved: ‘raw.githubusercontent.com’

I am sure that I have connected to the internet. How to solve this problem? Thanks for your time!

leonardo-fridleonardo-frid
    Keymaster

Can you tell me a bit more information about the steps to get the error? Are you trying to create a new library in the Window’s interface using “File | New”? Can you tell me what package are you trying to build a library for? Is this an ST-Sim library you are trying to build? Also if you go to “File | Packages” what packages and versions are listed?

lihanwei007lihanwei007
    Participant

I installed SyncroSim v 2.2.26 and go to “File-New library”, it shows “in order to create a new library you need to fist install at least one SyncroSim Base package. Install the core SyncroSim Paclages now?” I click “Yes” then I get the error.
    When I go to “File | Packages”, nothing list here.
    I also tried to open the library created by other SyncroSim user then got the same error too.

leonardo-fridleonardo-frid
    Keymaster

It looks like for some reason SyncroSim can’t connect to the package server and you have no packages installed. Possibly a firewall or administrative priviledges issue? A possible workaround would be to manually download the packages you need and install them from file. For example, for ST-Sim you would do the following:
    1. Download a package release that is compatible with your version of SyncroSim. For ST-Sim I would recommend version 3.2.28, the stsim-3-2-28.ssimpkg file is available here: https://github.com/ApexRMS/stsim/releases/tag/3.2.28
    2. In SyncroSim go to “File | Packages” and select “Install from File” from the upper right hand corner of the window. Point to the stsim-3-2-28.ssimpkg file that you downloaded in step 1 and click “Open”.
    3. Try doing a “File | New Library…” and you should be able to create a new ST-Sim library.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.