Menu Close

error creating Transitions import Excel file

Syncrosim Forums SyncroSim – General Questions and Answers error creating Transitions import Excel file

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    davidandersondavidanderson
    Participant

I am trying to write a script to translate VDDT export CSV into a SyncroSIM import Excel. The issue is with creating the Workbook Manifest sheet. Just creating the worksheet with the columns names and data from a valid transitions export Excel workbook does not work. I get the following message

A Data Exception was encountered.  More information:
    A table named 'Table_WorkbookManifest' does not exist.
    leonardo-fridleonardo-frid
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Why not just export to csv? SyncroSim imports either xlsx or csv files. When importing a file in the GUI and locating your file in the browsing dialog you can select CSV Files (*.csv). This option is just above the Open and Cancel buttons.

If you are importing using rsyncrosim, just load your csv file into a dataframe with the correct field names and then use the saveDatasheet function.

Regards,
    Leonardo

davidandersondavidanderson
    Participant

Leonardo,
    I have already worked out the CSV option and did fall back to using that method. I ran across this error as I was exploring how to create the import data set in Excel format. What is odd is that creating the worksheet with the data is easy enough but I can only get the import to work by copying in a Workbook Manifest sheet from a Excel file that was created by Syncrosim. There is something going on behind the scenes in that Workbook Manifest sheet that is not obvious to me. I was kind of hoping for some enlightenment on what Excel magic was happening.

On a side note another option that I have explored is just doing a direct database to database conversion. Python has drivers for both Access and Sqlite formats. I have done written some code that explores that method.

leonardo-fridleonardo-frid
    Keymaster

Hi David,

It is true that there are hidden worksheets in the xlsx template. If you want to create an empty working template you could export an empty template from the user interface to xlsx and use that file as something you copy and append to via your scripts.

Regards,
    Leonardo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.