Menu Close

Excel crash on exporting a scenario property

Syncrosim Forums ST-Sim & State-and-Transition Simulation Models Excel crash on exporting a scenario property

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    leonardo-fridleonardo-frid
    Keymaster

Here is a message I recently received:
    I’m trying to export the transitions table from my project. It worked fine for the longest time, but now I’m suddenly getting an error. First it crashes Excel and then I get the message:

An error occurred while exporting. More information:
    Retrieving the COM Class factory for component CLSID: {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 800800005 Server execution failed (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80080005(CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_Failure))

I updated my version of ST-Sim to see if that helped, restarted my computer, etc. It happens for every project and library I try to open. Any thoughts what might be causing this?

Keymaster

The first thing to try when receiving this kind of error is to “repair” your existing version of excel. You can do this by going to Control Panel | Add Remove Programs | Microsoft | Office and select Modify then Repair.

Keymaster

Alternatively, when doing the export you can also in the File | Save dialog toggle for a csv file type which will not require any excel installation.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.