Menu Close

Modeling the Land Cover Future

Syncrosim Forums ST-Sim & State-and-Transition Simulation Models Modeling the Land Cover Future

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lihanwei007lihanwei007
    Participant

Hi Leonardo,

There are two questions on using the STSMs to modeling the land cover future.
    1. How to pick out the accurate result after I run model and set the total iterations = 10?
    2. Why my result does not matching my input transition targets?

Thank you very much.

Hanwei

leonardo-fridleonardo-frid
    Keymaster

Hi Hanwei,

Could you please clarify your questions a bit?
    1. What do you mean by “accurate result”? When you run many realizations, you can get the output for individual realizations either in the charts or when you export the data. Typically when we run the model we run for at least 40 MC realizations and look at the average, or median and at the 95% MC confidence intervals.
    2. There are several possible reasons why your results don’t match your input targets: it could be that there is not enough area available for the transition (in this case not enough area would transition), it could also be some kind of a configuration error (for example in a spatial run transition targets must apply to individual types and/or transition simulation groups). If you want to send me your library I could take a look and see what the reason is specifically in your case.

Regards,
    Leonardo

lihanwei007lihanwei007
    Participant

Hi Leonardo,

I want to send you my library to ask you for some help. May I have your email address.
    Thank you very much.

Regards,
    Hanwei

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.