Menu Close

Secondary stratum spatial file type ST-Sim 3.0

Syncrosim Forums ST-Sim & State-and-Transition Simulation Models Secondary stratum spatial file type ST-Sim 3.0

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Peter CowanPeter Cowan
    Participant

I’m attempting to run a simulation using a secondary stratum geotif file (primary to use the multiprocessor features). I generated the .tif using R as I did for my primary stratum and state class files. Those two files (primary and state class) load fine. However, when I try to select my secondary stratum file I receive an error mentioning a .asc file. In the directory there no exists a .asc file with the same basename as my .tif but the file has not loaded.

leonardo-fridleonardo-frid
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

At the moment the secondary stratum split in version 3.0.24 only works for non-spatial runs. We found in version 2.4 that the spatial processing up front and after the run was completed was such that the performance gains from a spatial split were often negligible or worse. We are working on optimizing this feature and hope to bring it back soon.

Regards,
    Leonardo

Peter CowanPeter Cowan
    Participant

Interesting. Perhaps some efficiency could be gained by processing all identical files once. In my case I am running several scenarios with the same raster files, but for each scenario ST-Sim appears to make copies of the two input files and then processes each copy during initialization. The good news is that the beta seem more capable of running the entire region at once without having to subdivide it.

Is there a preferred venue to submit possible bugs/make feature requests?

leonardo-fridleonardo-frid
    Keymaster

Thanks Peter,

Yes the replication of the same files across multiple jobs is definitely part of the issue. We’ll be working to resolve that in the near future.

This Forum is the best place to report bugs, and suggest features. We can then add these to our internal issue tracking system. Any comments and suggestions are always really appreciated.

Regards,
    Leonardo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.