Menu Close

Time Since Transition: Randomize to Initial TST min or max?

Syncrosim Forums ST-Sim & State-and-Transition Simulation Models Time Since Transition: Randomize to Initial TST min or max?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Louis_ProvencherLouis_Provencher
    Participant

HI, I just noticed that my past Initial TST transition ages in the TST randomize menu of Initial Conditions never carried over from a past version. This must have been a while ago. This is problematic. My problem is that I do not understand if I need to fill in Initial TST min age or max age and what it means. If I have natural recovery of a hummocked wet meadow to a reference class after 5 years of NO grazing, do I fill in Initial TST min or max? Livestock grazing happens every year in general, and maybe max 3 yrs in a rest-rotation system. I have a feeling that Init. TST min age should be 1 (fastest grazing rate) and TST max age should be 3 (slowest grazing return event). Is that correct? I did read the self-training material, but it did not answer this question with the fuel build-up example. Thanks Louis Provencher

leonardo-fridleonardo-frid
    Keymaster

Hi Louis, your intuition is correct. If you would like initial TST for cells to be randomized between one and three years, you should setup “Initial TST Min” = 1, and “Initial TST Max” = 3.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.