Menu Close

Transition Attribute Targets

Syncrosim Forums ST-Sim & State-and-Transition Simulation Models Transition Attribute Targets

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ahuntahunt
    Participant

I created a transition attribute target to calculate timber harvest volume. For one simulation, I set the target to 64 MMBF/year (for all iterations and timesteps). The model could not reach that target; and the volume harvested maxed-out at 16 MMBF. I tried another run with a lower target of 13 MMBF/year – below the max output of the previous simulation – but then the volume harvested maxed-out at 9 MMBF. I expected the second simulation to be able to reach a target that was attainable previously when a higher target was set. What might be going on here?

leonardo-fridleonardo-frid
    Keymaster

Hi Ayn

I have seen this kind of behaviour in a model once before where the were very different transition probabilities for timber harvest across state classes. The way attribute targets work is by multiplying base probabilities. If some state classes have much higher probabilities than others, the resulting probabilities may exceed one.in that case the model will not achieve the attribute target. Can you review the transition probabilities to see if that is the case?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.