Menu Close

Transition Size Distribution by Stratum

Syncrosim Forums ST-Sim & State-and-Transition Simulation Models Transition Size Distribution by Stratum

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JPriceJPrice
    Participant

Is there a way to specify the size distribution of a specific transition for each stratum individually? Or do I have to create a separate transition group for the transition in each stratum?

For example, the selection harvest occurs in two strata and the size distribution for this transition is different in each one. Right now, the only solution I see is to create two selection harvest transitions, each in their own transition group, and specify the transition size distribution for each. This will get very cumbersome, as there are four management types occurring in ~80 different strata, and creating maps of these disturbances after model runs will be very time consuming.

leonardo-fridleonardo-frid
    Keymaster

At the moment, your proposed approach is the only possible way to specify different size distributions.  I can see what you mean about cumbersome.  Do you really have 80 different potential size distributions for each management type or could some of the strata be aggregated to have the same size distribution?  For example could you take a management type and split it up into a few different size categories like small partial cut applied to strata x, y, z; medium partial cut applied to strata r, s, t; etc…

In future this is a modification we could consider for Path – allowing the size distribution to be specified by stratum.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.