Menu Close

Unhandled Exception occurs when exporting / importing IC and transition multipliers between PATH and Excel

Syncrosim Forums ST-Sim & State-and-Transition Simulation Models Unhandled Exception occurs when exporting / importing IC and transition multipliers between PATH and Excel

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Steve_WondzellSteve_Wondzell
    Participant

I can no longer import / export from PATH to/from Excel. I get a weird error now (see text below, copied from pop-up error message box). I am running PATH v3 because I have written a number of post-processing programs that use v3 output files and I’d rather not get bogged down in re-writing all these programs. I am running path from the default directory C:/Path landscape model, I open the project Path-Sample.mdb, and for example double click "[60] – Double Current Budget" scenario, click the "Advanced" tab, click "Initial Conditions", right-click any cell in the body of the worksheet, click "Export All", and in the "Export file name" drop down box accept the default file name "Initial Conditions" and click "Save" a little gray box opens up with a red button and a white "X", the top bar is titled "Path Landscape Model" and the first line says "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application". (See full text below) My best guess is that something in my MS Excel software package is no longer compatible with the PATH software. I work on a USFS corporate computer running Windows XP, MS Office Professional Plus 2010, and Excel v14.0.6123.50001 (32-bit). I have tried PATH v3.0.3, v3.0.4, and v3.1.1 and all have given the same error message. I tried just "over writing" the PATH installation with newer versions and I have also gone through the Windows "uninstall" process and then reinstalled PATH as brand new software. The error happens both with my old PATH databases as well as the sample PATH databases that come with the installation package. COPY OF THE ERROR MESSAGES. PATH LANDSCAPE MODEL Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Could not load file or assembly ‘Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce9429c’ or one of its dependencies. The System cannot find the file specified.

leonardo-fridleonardo-frid
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

It looks like you are missing the Microsoft Excel Interop Library.  Try getting the install from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3508 for office 2010

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=18346 for office 2007

Cheers,

Leonardo

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.